Every kid growing up dreams of having a secret room; a place that a child can claim as his or her own territory. Unfortunately as I have grown older; that dream of a secret room has never gone away. A pantry, safe-room, home office or gun storage are just several reasons that I try justifying my reason for still wanting one. Luckily I stumbled upon an excellent tutorial that shows how to build the one demonstrated in the video above that even includes a material and cost estimate. Now I just need to convince my spouse!
- 2 sheets of 1/4″ sanded plywood
- 6 panels of 3/4 x 15 1/4 x 96 laminated pine project board 3 2×4 construction lumber
- Murphy Door kit
- Screws and Miller dowels
- Total cost for the project was less than $500 (CAN).
3Drill Holes For Adjustable Shelving
5Attach Plywood Backs
8Install Lower Track
9Call A Trusted Confidant To Help Lift
10Finish Hidden Compartment In Valance
12If you want to build your secret hiding spot you can see the complete process at …Secret Door Bookcase!
- Pocket hole jig system for do-it-yourselfers
- Easy to adjust for materials 1/2-Inch to 1-1/2-Inch
- Solid metal drill guide
- Includes drill and drive bits, depth collar with hex key, 5 sizes of pocket hole screws, clamp pad adapter, case
- Lifetime warranty