Here is a DIY concrete countertop project that anyone can do. If done properly it can last a life time and look as beautiful as the day it was poured with proper maintenance and upkeep. Before we get to the pictorial though, here are some frequently asked questions from the Concrete Countertop Institute.
- Who would want concrete countertops?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of concrete countertops compared to other countertop materials?
- Where can I use concrete countertops in my designs?
- How do I find a contractor to make concrete countertops for me?
- How do I evaluate a concrete countertop maker?
- What’s the difference between concrete and cement?
- How are concrete countertops made?
- What is the lead time?
- Will concrete countertops stain?
- Will they scratch?
- Can I put hot pots on the countertops?
- Are concrete countertops sanitary?
- How much do concrete countertops cost?
- What colors are available?
- How much color variation can occur?
- What edges are available?
- What kind of sinks can be used with concrete countertops?
- Are there any size limitations?
- How much do they weigh?
- What about seams?
- What about backsplashes?
- How are templates made?
- How are the countertops installed?
- Do I need to reinforce my cabinets?
- Where can I get more information about concrete countertops?
So now that the questions are out of the way, here is the process step by step.
Good luck with your remodeling project!