Here is a DIY firewood rack from Lowes.com that anyone can build; even those with little construction experience. Lowes breaks down the building process into easy steps; they even provide a simple materials list on their website.
- 2 – 16-in L x 37-in W x 18-in H metal window wells, #139679 (availability varies by market)
- 3 – 2 x 8 x 96 treated boards
- 1/4-in zinc flat washers
- 20 – 1/4-in x 1-1/2-in zinc lag screws
- 16 – 1/4-in x 3-in zinc lag screws
- Liquid Nails Subfloor and Deck construction adhesive, #146539
- 6 – Concrete pavers or bricks
- Miter saw or circular saw and straightedge
- Drill and bit set
- Wrench or socket set
- Tape measure
- Awl or large nail
- 120-grit sandpaper
- Breathing and eye protection
If someone were industrious; they could produce these and start an Etsy store with them; which would make a nice home based business on the side.
What do you think could be substituted for the window wells as a cheaper option?