70000 watt electric go-kart | Page 2 | Alternative Energy | Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Register Lost password?
sp_Feed F-Alternative-Energy
70000 watt electric go-kart
easytapper
Rancher
Members
Forum Posts: 2149
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
28 Aug ’14 - 4:37 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

PorkChopsMmm said
Needs bigger wheels, bro. Razor is also the company that made our 36V electric dirt bike. My 5 year old boy is riding it everywhere. 

Are you guys worried about road rash, hitting something, traffic? It took a day or so of our son falling to get the hang of the dirt bike. Now he thinks he is Evel Knievel.

I'm mostly worried about traffic and/or him hitting something.  I spent 9 weeks in Kennedy Krieger Institute after my daughter had a stroke.  I saw all kinds of traumatic head injuries, etc., so I'm a little extra paranoid.  Also, I am a bit of a helicopter dad, but my son just learned to ride a bike 2 summers ago.  Like I said, his coordination and judgement are lacking.  He'd be the kind to panic and hit the "gas" instead of the brake.  Also, when he did ride it, he didn't really have a concept of slow.  It was either full throttle or stop.  We might have to dust it off now that he's a little older and see how he does with it.

I think the worry with bigger wheels is that it would be prone to flipping.  It turns on a dime, and if you went into a u turn at 10-12 mph with bigger wheels, I could see it rolling.  I think they do (or did) have one with bigger wheels, and the big complaint with the reviews was lack of turning radius.  I assume they limited it because of the possibility of flipping.

K
Admin
Forum Posts: 31782
29 Aug ’14 - 9:48 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

my dad took us go cart racing when I was his age, I drove right into the tire wall, I was quickly removed from the track :(

easytapper
Rancher
Members
29 Aug ’14 - 10:54 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

KVR said
my dad took us go cart racing when I was his age, I drove right into the tire wall, I was quickly removed from the track :(

He (my son) hasn't done too bad with the bigger, "real" go carts this summer.  We've gone several times on beach trips.  That little electric razor though, is fast as hell, and it's made to drift, so turning to avoid obstacles (cars and people) can be tricky.

K
Admin
31 Aug ’14 - 10:58 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

You should see the racing go-kart that my buddy has for his 6 year old, they race every weekend with it, the thing goes like 60 miles a hour, he started him when he was little on slow ones and they have been increasing the engine size the last couple years, he showed me a go pro video that his son had strapped to his helmet for one of his races, it was pretty cool

easytapper
Rancher
Members
31 Aug ’14 - 8:55 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I used to listen to Bubba the Lovesponge when he was on Sirius, and he had his son into Go Kart racing I think at 4 or 5.  I think most of the Nascar guys get their start on Go Karts when they're young and move up through the ranks.

K
Admin
1 Sep ’14 - 11:14 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

yeah, that's how it started, my friend use to race on the local circuit, got out of it when he got married, his son is following his foot steps, I asked him how far he was going with it, he said till his son got bored of it

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 698

Currently Online:
51 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

easytapper: 2149

DangerDuke: 2030

groinkick: 1667

PorkChopsMmm: 1515

Gravel Road: 1455