- 4-5 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2-3 bananas, sliced
- Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175C
- In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas.
- Add the eggs, oil, sugar, and cinnamon, mixing until evenly incorporated.
- Add the flour and mix until the batter has no large pockets of flour. Set aside.
- In a pot over low heat, melt the butter, then mix in the brown sugar until dissolved.
- Bring up the heat to medium, cooking until the mixture starts bubbling.
- Remove the caramel from heat and pour into a greased 9x9 baking pan.
- Lay the banana slices evenly on top of the caramel.
- Spread the banana bread batter on top
- Bake 40-50 minutes.
- Cool until the bottom is barely warm and use a knife to loosen the edges from the pan.
- Place a plate upside-down on top of the pan, then invert the pan, flipping the banana bread onto the plate.
- Slice, then serve with vanilla ice cream.
Most Users Ever Online: 145
Currently Browsing this Page:
Gravel Road: 1455
Guest Posters: 2