812,000 pay-TV subscribers cut the cord in the second quarter of 2016 | The Compost Bin | Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Register Lost password?
sp_Feed F-Compost-Bin
812,000 pay-TV subscribers cut the cord in the second quarter of 2016
K
Admin
Forum Posts: 31782
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4 Sep ’16 - 2:54 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I don't see how cable is going to be around in the next decade, I have been building a kodi firestick and with sling and other options out there I don't see them surviving

The U.S. television industry continues to grapple with the flight of  customers who are ditching their pay-TV service at a rapid clip.

In a grim reminder of the challenges facing media companies, an estimated 812,000 subscribers pulled the plug on their pay-television service in the second quarter, according to a study by consulting firm SNL Kagan.

The figure represents a decline in the number of homes that received a bundle of video channels from a cable, satellite or telephone company compared with the first quarter of 2016.

“It is a bit of an acceleration and the biggest quarterly loss that we’ve seen,” Ian Olgeirson, an analyst with SNL Kagan, said Monday in an interview. “We are seeing a gradual increase in the decline rate.”

more http://www.latimes.c.....story.html

morotetsuke
Farm Hand
Members
Forum Posts: 353
7 Sep ’16 - 11:01 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

That business model is on the way out just like pay per view.  The dinosaurs keep on trying though.

And the monkey presses the button.

DangerDuke
Rancher
Members
Forum Posts: 2030
8 Sep ’16 - 5:24 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was listening to a podcast about bitcoin earleir today, and there might be a model for paid ala carte content in the future. Like, if you want to watch a ten minute video, it'll charge your account half a cent or so.

K
Admin
Forum Posts: 31782
11 Sep ’16 - 6:35 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

this is only suppose to work for military and expats out of country but seems to be working for me just fine, not sure if it is a 30 day test or what

http://www.ustvnow.com/

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 698

Currently Online:
47 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

easytapper: 2149

DangerDuke: 2030

groinkick: 1667

PorkChopsMmm: 1515