Weight loss 2016 | Page 5 | The Compost Bin | Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Register Lost password?
sp_Feed F-Compost-Bin
Weight loss 2016
K
Admin
Forum Posts: 31782
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
11 Jan ’14 - 7:30 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

and day 5 crash and burned :(

so the pug woke me up at 2:00 am with his snoring, couldn't fall back to sleep, so decided to go and start working on taxes, walked outside and what was suppose to be 45 and rain was actually freezing rain, sweet.

So went and started working and the ice was getting worse and worse, finally got ahold of our sanding guys around 8:00, they showed up, sanded the lot good, half hour it was totally frozen, so we salted, called back the sander, half hour later totally frozen, this point were out of ice melt, went and picked up some calcium chloride and by this time it was 12:30, roads are frozen, most of staff can't get out of driveways, so we shut down for the day, got the staff that had made it in home and worked on the taxes a couple more hours and realized I hadn't eaten all day and was not in the mood for a juice, so I said to the wife, cheat day!

But a smart cheat day, we grabbed some pig out of the freezer, a couple carrots and apples out of the pantry and threw it in the woodstove. Basically paleo, wife and I were talking about it, this is our big focus this year, eating more in season and using low energy storage methods, it's why we are changing up our garden this year, from a self-sufficiency point and sustainability, that is our long term goal.

Well we basically have a paleos dream in our freezer, 150 pounds of farm raised pork, 18 chickens and two turkeys, well if we are working towards this as a lifestyle and not focused on the weight loss aspect of it, why wait, makes no sense at all. I have been researching paleo and it's basically the way we want to live anyways, the weight loss should just be a side benefit of it.

Will report back

K
Admin
12 Jan ’14 - 4:36 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

for those that eat eggs for snacks, you like pickled eggs?

11915212274_192574b917_c.jpg

Danger Duke did a great thread on them

http://thehomesteadi.....read2035.0

The following users say thank you to K for this useful post:

Hessian
bvr68
Farm Hand
Members
Forum Posts: 280
12 Jan ’14 - 9:09 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

while in high school I had a girl friend who's mom made pickled eggs and beets. Hated the beets but her dad and I used to sit down and finish off two quarts in a setting. we dipped them in a sauce made from miracle whip and fresh ground horseradish. miss the eggs not the girl!lol

K
Admin
13 Jan ’14 - 1:03 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

you had a girlfriend in high school?

K
Admin
13 Jan ’14 - 1:03 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

so how's everyone doing so far? Still haven't weighed myself, need to do that. made my first paleo I meal I guess, turned out pretty good

http://thehomesteadi.....read4529.0

farmboy2
Rancher
Members
Forum Posts: 1243
13 Jan ’14 - 8:02 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

hope you're doing well.

K
Admin
14 Jan ’14 - 9:24 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

holy crap, I hopped on the scale, 270.8, looks like BA and I are going to be in a battle royal for the biggest loser! :(

but I did make this last night, recipe coming

11937964663_66160d522d_c.jpg

easytapper
Rancher
Members
Forum Posts: 2149
15 Jan ’14 - 6:07 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print
Quote:
Quote from gw99 on January 13, 2014, 20:02

i'm still going strong. haven't slipped at all. every time I think about something that's not on my diet, I automatically think "I'll be letting all the kids down" (I coach competitive baseball this year) and it works like a charm. I can walk away from any food this way.

hope you're doing well.

When I was dieting, I would use a similar strategy. "Being thin and healthy will be way better than how 'fill in the blank' will taste".

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 698

Currently Online:
29 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

easytapper: 2149

DangerDuke: 2030

groinkick: 1667

PorkChopsMmm: 1515

Gravel Road: 1455