1,700 Private Jets Will Fly to Davos to Discuss Global Warming | Alternative Energy | Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Register Lost password?
sp_Feed F-Alternative-Energy
1,700 Private Jets Will Fly to Davos to Discuss Global Warming
K
Admin
Forum Posts: 31782
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
21 Jan ’15 - 9:57 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I don't know whether to laugh or cry, at least gore still has his hustle going

Don’t worry. I’m sure these will be non-polluting private jets powered by carbon offsets and unicorn magic. They will not in any way add to the heat death of the earth. Unlike you, toting your groceries home in a plastic bag in the back on an SUV.

You should be ashamed of yourself. Why can’t you fly around in a private plane like these people who really care about the environment?

A squadron of 1,700 private jets are rumbling into Davos, Switzerland, this week to discuss global warming and other issues as the annual World Economic Forum gets underway.

The influx of private jets is so great, the Swiss Armed Forces has been forced to open up a military air base for the first time ever to absorb all the super rich flying their private jets into the event, reports Newsweek.

But it’s for a good cause.

What’s Next? A Climate for Action: Through a powerful visual narrative, Nobel Laureate Al Gore reveals what’s next for climate in 2015.

Speakers: Al Gore, Pharrell Williams, Kevin Wall

If only everyone could be as enormously conscientious as these people flying private jets to warn us that it’s time to make home heating more expensive, outlaw plastic bags and price food staples further out of reach.

http://www.frontpage.....l-warming/

simthefarmer
Rancher
Members
Forum Posts: 1072
21 Jan ’15 - 10:06 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I like the conclusion

K
Admin
21 Jan ’15 - 10:41 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

ashleigh11
Farm Hand
Members
Forum Posts: 584
21 Jan ’15 - 11:26 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

I'd shake my head and laugh if these cooks weren't capable of altering energy policy and and draining my wallet even further.  

I try to be a responsible citizen of the world.  I even put the plastic ring around the milk jug cap in the recycling.  But if these guys keep pushing cap and trade (which I will end up paying for in the end) I'll keep electing guys who back coal burning for energy.

I'd even back cap and trade if the money were to be used for legitimate conservation and repairing fossil fuel damage.  I'll be damned, though if I'm going to be the world's ATM.

The following users say thank you to ashleigh11 for this useful post:

K
K
Admin
22 Jan ’15 - 9:48 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

well said

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 698

Currently Online: