Is 2015 the year of collapse? | Emergency Preparedness | Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Register Lost password?
sp_Feed F-Emergency-Preparedness
Is 2015 the year of collapse?
K
Admin
Forum Posts: 31782
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
18 Apr ’15 - 8:19 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

With what's going on in Russia, Greece, etc. and with more and more reports coming out ringing the warning bells such as this one the other day

http://www.theguardi.....-stability

Is 2015 going to go down in flames?

Heck just over most of our lifetimes.

2008 real estate crash

2000-2001 Dot com crash

1994 Currency Crisis's around the world

1987 Black Monday

late 70's early 80's recession where interest rates were through the roof, home mortgages were 20 percent

1973 oil crisis

that's an average of every 7 years

the thing that really scares the heck out of me is all the tools used to pull out of a serious financial situation is already being used, low interest rates, low energy costs etc.

What are your thoughts?

farmboy2
Rancher
Members
Forum Posts: 1243
18 Apr ’15 - 11:09 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory

my thoughts are with yours. I'm very concerned about the economy. I can see housing has stalled. I know the fed would like to raise interest rates, but havent had the chance because of the stall. People who are buying in todays real estate market are the ones who are going to pay the price once the interest rates do go up.

On the flip side, Greece is set to exit. This will cause problems in the Euro. Likely a decline in value. Might help the dollar short term....

China and Russia are selling US treasuries at a rapid rate. China, Russia, Brazil and Iran have ditched the dollar and are trading in each other's currencies. Horrible news for the US dollar and it's dominance as the international reserve currency.

then we have things like the Ukraine and Russia problem. Nato and US drills near the border of Russia. US military drills inside the US...... 

Seems as if there's lots to be concerned about in todays world. I much prefer the simpler times..

K
Admin
19 Apr ’15 - 8:38 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

the housing market still hasn't recovered here, there are so many properties sitting vacant due to foreclosure it's not even funny. The state is so big and people are so spread out, it's hard to notice outside of the larger cities.

DangerDuke
Rancher
Members
Forum Posts: 2030
19 Apr ’15 - 8:38 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I dunno man. Total collapse I think is unlikely. Could things get pretty bad? Sure. However I find the idea of a complete and permanent global economic meltdown to be a very unlikely scenario.

K
Admin
19 Apr ’15 - 8:44 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I don't mean like eating the dead collapse, but a long deep depression that results in war, posturing is already in place for that. 

Did find it interesting that Japan now holds the most US debt outside of the fed since China sold a bunch off in January

http://money.cnn.com.....-treasury/

DangerDuke
Rancher
Members
Forum Posts: 2030
19 Apr ’15 - 8:48 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

KVR said
I don't mean like eating the dead collapse, but a long deep depression that results in war, posturing is already in place for that. 

Did find it interesting that Japan now holds the most US debt outside of the fed since China sold a bunch off in January

http://money.cnn.com.....-treasury/

I feel like that's pretty much what it will take to open up the eyes of all the folks with their heads buried in the sand. We've been putting band-aids on an infected wound for so long now, and every single person in a position to make a big change simply puts another band-aid on top... because they know it's going to hurt when we pull them off and they don't want to be the ones who do it.

farmboy2
Rancher
Members
Forum Posts: 1243
19 Apr ’15 - 5:58 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

I think we are closer than most people think to a major depression. I guess we will see.

K
Admin
20 Apr ’15 - 7:47 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

They way they are talking about China imploding, that would probably be the tipping point I would imagine.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 698

Currently Online:
48 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
3 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

easytapper: 2149

DangerDuke: 2030

groinkick: 1667

PorkChopsMmm: 1515

Gravel Road: 1455