Weight loss 2016 | Page 24 | The Compost Bin | Forums

A A A

Please consider registering

Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Register Lost password?
sp_Feed F-Compost-Bin
Weight loss 2016
easytapper
Rancher
Members
Forum Posts: 2149
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
11 Nov ’14 - 12:56 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

K
Admin
Forum Posts: 31782
12 Nov ’14 - 7:59 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print

lol

K
Admin
19 Nov ’14 - 2:16 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

How's the battle going ET?

easytapper
Rancher
Members
Forum Posts: 2149
19 Nov ’14 - 2:45 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

KVR said
How's the battle going ET?

Those donuts don't stand a chance.  lol  Actually, I think I'm going to start BJJ back up.  That Fedor video got me eager to get back on the mat.  I just have to see how my neck holds up.  I'm just debating as to whether to start dieting before or after Thanksgiving.

K
Admin
19 Nov ’14 - 2:50 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

ever try yoga?

ashleigh11
Farm Hand
Members
Forum Posts: 584
19 Nov ’14 - 5:57 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

all right.  i'm in.

5'10" 276#

good lord.  that's from a fighting weight of 215#.  Embarassed

triglycerides are high at 354, rest of my cholesterol is good.  bp is 122/87 but resting heart rate is 104.  I drink a ton of coffee so that would skew it a little. So those are the numbers i have to change.

so here's the plan.  

aerodyne, jumping rope and rounds on the bag for cardio. 

kettlebells for weights to begin with (chosen for extra cardio) KB swings, turkish getups, then olympic lifts.

i finally came off 22 years of nightshift, so i'm finally sleeping like a normal human being and can work out after the kiddos are in bed.  As soon as i have a modicum of fitness i'll do BJJ a couple of days during the week and on sat. already talked to my old trainer and paid a month's fees. done deal.

it's said it takes 60-90 days to make something a habit.  so there's the struggle.  be consistent for 90 days, make good food choices and reasonable portion sizes (my wife says this is my problem).  cut out as much gluten and baked goods to get the triglycerides down to normal.  

as far as a weight goes, i'm 43, any extra weight i can shed will make an 83 year old me happier. last time i fought i was 35 at 215 with abs.  Getting under 200 might be a bit optimistic.  i'm a brick...you know what.  

ashleigh11
Farm Hand
Members
Forum Posts: 584
20 Nov ’14 - 3:30 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

So Day 1 went OK.  Prehab excersizes form Mark Verstegen's "Core Performance" in the morning

ie=UTF8&qid=1416509219&sr=1-3&keywords=mark+verstegen

Shoveled snow for an hour after work, then 30 minutes on the airdyne.  5x6 minute intervals

Packed food for work today-couple of sandwich wraps, veggie straws, raspberries, bunch of clementines. It's 2p and I've only had one cup of coffee-resting heart rate is at 84.  

I'll ride the airdyne again tonight and call it macaroni.  I have a real problem with pacing myself.  I have a habit of going 6 or 7 months without working out, then joining one of my crossfitter friends with their WOD, gut throught it, puke on the way home, and not work out again for a few more months. Absolutely no consistency. 

Anyways, I need to come up with some fitness benchmarks to track my progress.  I'm thinking mile run, chinup, pullup, broad jump,  deadlift, and recovery heart rate.  I'm a numbers guy, I have to have benchmarks to motivate me.

K
Admin
20 Nov ’14 - 3:51 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print

you ever done Takus Intervals? When I was training seriously 5 years ago, these things kicked my butt and worked really well

THE PROGRAM

Always begin each workout with a 5-minute warm-up at a level of 3-4 on your R.P.E. scale. Follow this with 5 minutes at a steady pace that is just starting to get hard by the end, level 5-6 on your R.P.E. scale. And then reduce the intensity and do 5 more minutes, back to level 3-4 on your R.P.E. scale. This 15 minutes remains the same throughout the first three phases of your H.I.I.T. protocol. After this 15 minute period proceed immediately to the high intensity intervals, which will be described below. During the intervals you should be pushing hard, striving for about a level 7-10 on your R.P.E. scale. Always finish your session with a 5-minute cool-down, another level 3-4 on the R.P.E. scale.

Phase 1:
Weeks 1 & 2: 4 X 90 seconds work + 90 seconds recovery.

Weeks 3 & 4: 5 X 60 seconds work + 60 seconds recovery.

Phase 2:
Weeks 5 & 6: 6 X 45 seconds work + 30 seconds recovery.

Weeks 7 & 8: 7 X 30 Seconds work + 20 seconds recovery.

Phase 3:
Weeks 9 & 10: 8 X 20 seconds work + 10 seconds recovery.

Weeks 11 & 12: 10 X 20 seconds work + 10 seconds recovery.

The first phase will lay the foundation for the following phases. Obviously you can not sprint for 90 seconds at the same pace you can keep up for a shorter duration. Your job is to go as hard as you can for the given time specified. During recovery periods you may go as slow as you wish but DO NOT STOP MOVING! Active recovery is always better than passive recovery and will help remove the buy-products of your anaerobic overload more effectively. Once you reach phase 3, you can remain there in maintenance mode. Avoid boredom and stale training by changing machines* every 2-3 weeks as well as continually striving to train at higher resistance levels on each machine. * If you feel you are not fully recovering be sure to add extra rest days where needed. These sessions should be done 2-5 times a week, experiment to find what works best for you. Do your best to get in at least two sessions per week. If you are diligent you should start noticing an improvement right away. By the time you finish phase three you should be on your way to having a 30-gallon gas tank.

*For the H.I.I.T. portion of your training I recommend the following machines in order of my preference:
1) Versa Climber.

2) Air Dyne Bike.

3) Elliptical walker with arm attachments.

4) Rowing ergometer.

5) Cross country Ski simulator.

These machines have been selected because they work the entire body as a unit rather then just the legs alone. Although the machines mentioned are my favorites, anything will work, rope skipping, running, biking, stair-climbing etc. If you do choose running or rope skipping I recommend cross training with one of the above recommended machines to reduce the potential for overuse injuries due to the inherent impact on the joints from these activities.

** Example of an R.P.E. scale with values from 0-10:
0 = Nothing at all

1 = Very easy

2 = Easy

3 = Moderate

4 = Somewhat hard

5 = Hard

7 = Very hard

10 = Very, very hard

http://www.trainfors.....nce1.shtml

Forum Timezone: America/New_York

Most Users Ever Online: 698